Factory: Gorodnitsky Porcelain Factory
Rare! Antiques! Sculpture made by the Gorodnitsky Porcelain Factory. Original!
Pencil holder made of glazed porcelain in the shape of a Huge, aggressive white bear. Hand-painted underglaze. Gilding.
The underglaze stamp was used from 1953 to 1957.
Volumetric, massive, monumental work, made in deliberately rough and aggressive style, expressing the true character of a wild animal. Heavy object.
Absolutely intact work in extremely rare condition.
Height - 26 cm, width 16 cm, length 30 cm.
A beautiful gift and a worthy specimen for a collection!
The porcelain factory in the village of Gorodnitsa, Novograd-Volynsky district, Volyn province, was built by the Chortoryski princes in 1799 and later gained fame.
After the October Revolution of 1917, the enterprise was nationalized, during the civil war the factory suffered, but after the end of hostilities, along with other glass and porcelain-faience industries, it was transferred to the management of the Main Committee of the Glass and Porcelain Industry of the VSNKh, restored and resumed its work under the name Gorodnitsky Porcelain Factory named after the Comintern. It closed in 2012.