Kuznetsova M.S. society Porcelain, earthenware, ceramics

Kuznetsov porcelain is considered one of the national brands that has long gained worldwide recognition. Its production began in 1832 in the town of Dulevo. Unlike the Imperial Factory, which was constantly supported by monarchs and funded from the treasury, the Kuznetsov porcelain factory was the brainchild of the Kuznetsov family - descendants of peasant Old Believers. Starting their business from scratch, by the 20th century, the Kuznetsov family owned the largest enterprise in the Russian Empire and one of the best in Europe. Its annual turnover exceeded 7 million rubles and accounted for 2/3 of the income from the entire production of porcelain and faience in Russia. The Kuznetsovs achieved such results through tough competition, using various sometimes not entirely honest methods. A great deal of attention was also paid to the implementation of various technical innovations in production. The Kuznetsov factory in Novokharitonovo of the Bronnitsky district of the Moscow province was founded in 1812, operated for over 40 years, and closed in the 1850s-1860s. The enterprise belonged to the dynasty of the largest porcelain manufacturers of the second half of the 19th century. The factory produced porcelain, and according to some information, faience from 1856. The marks of this enterprise are quite diverse - enclosed in a circle, decorated with a vignette, with various versions of the inscription "Fabrika brat'ev Kuznetsovikh" (Factory of the Kuznetsov Brothers). Most often, the marks are impressed or drawn with blue or green ink, sometimes there are spelling errors in the inscription. The factory in Bronnitsy of the Novgorod province was acquired from P.K. Reikhel (Mercury company) in 1892. After renovation, it started operating in 1893 and worked until 1917. Porcelain and faience were produced at the enterprise. The marks on the products were identical to those of the Volkhov factories, but there were also several of their own marks that distinguished them from other enterprises. The Gruzino enterprise was launched in 1900 and operated until 1918, after which it became state-owned. The factory produced porcelain and faience products. The marks replicated the Volkhov marks but with the addition of "G.F.", which stood for Gruzinskaya Fabrika (Georgian Factory).