ANTIQUE. TWO-PART VASE-COMPUTER: FIELD FLOWERS blue muted glass painting BAKHMETEV 1840-50s.

Author's work


СТАРИН.ДВУХЧАСТНАЯ ВАЗА-КОМПОТЬЕР:ПОЛЕВЫЕ ЦВЕТЫ голубое глушеное стекло роспись БАХМЕТЬЕВ 1840-50-еСТАРИН.ДВУХЧАСТНАЯ ВАЗА-КОМПОТЬЕР:ПОЛЕВЫЕ ЦВЕТЫ голубое глушеное стекло роспись БАХМЕТЬЕВ 1840-50-еСТАРИН.ДВУХЧАСТНАЯ ВАЗА-КОМПОТЬЕР:ПОЛЕВЫЕ ЦВЕТЫ голубое глушеное стекло роспись БАХМЕТЬЕВ 1840-50-еСТАРИН.ДВУХЧАСТНАЯ ВАЗА-КОМПОТЬЕР:ПОЛЕВЫЕ ЦВЕТЫ голубое глушеное стекло роспись БАХМЕТЬЕВ 1840-50-еСТАРИН.ДВУХЧАСТНАЯ ВАЗА-КОМПОТЬЕР:ПОЛЕВЫЕ ЦВЕТЫ голубое глушеное стекло роспись БАХМЕТЬЕВ 1840-50-еСТАРИН.ДВУХЧАСТНАЯ ВАЗА-КОМПОТЬЕР:ПОЛЕВЫЕ ЦВЕТЫ голубое глушеное стекло роспись БАХМЕТЬЕВ 1840-50-еСТАРИН.ДВУХЧАСТНАЯ ВАЗА-КОМПОТЬЕР:ПОЛЕВЫЕ ЦВЕТЫ голубое глушеное стекло роспись БАХМЕТЬЕВ 1840-50-е
СТАРИН.ДВУХЧАСТНАЯ ВАЗА-КОМПОТЬЕР:ПОЛЕВЫЕ ЦВЕТЫ голубое глушеное стекло роспись БАХМЕТЬЕВ 1840-50-е

The antique two-part (composite) Vaza-Computer: Field flowers, carved heavy subdued dark blue glass, hand ground and polished, hand-painted with enamel and gold. Bachmetyev, Russia 1840-1850s (listed in the catalog). Dimensions: height-17cm, leg height-14.5cm, dish height-3.5cm, dish diameter-22cm, base diameter-10.5cm, glass thickness-0.5cm. Magnificent hand-painting. The letter "K" is on the bottom of the base, indicating that the vase painting may have been done based on the sketches of Fedor Krasovsky (painter, "master of colors" at the Imperial Porcelain Factory). Condition as shown in the photo (microchip on the bottom of the base). Shipping to another region via Russian post (or courier service by agreement). FOR REFERENCE: Fedor Ivanovich Krasovsky (1820-1863) was the son of a serf master-painter of porcelain at the Popov porcelain factory. The produced items were very diverse, ranging from expensive custom sets to simple tableware for middle and low-income people. In addition to various tableware, there were sculptures, vases, and other porcelain items for the home. In 1835, Fedor entered the St. Petersburg porcelain factory of the Kornilov brothers as an apprentice, and in 1839, he became a painter at the Imperial Porcelain Factory. The factory administration noted the master: "his work was distinguished by special artistic skill, remaining excellent compared to all other painters of this kind to this day." In 1861, the Academy of Arts awarded Fedor Ivanovich the title of Free Artist of Painting Flowers and Fruits (on porcelain) for his work "Bouquet of Spring Flowers" painted with oil paints on canvas. Sometimes, artists from the Imperial Porcelain Factory were involved in work at the Imperial Glass Factory. Fedor Ivanovich was an enterprising person (soon after starting work at the Imperial Porcelain Factory, he was able to buy a house in St. Petersburg). It is possible that, in his efforts to earn more, he also made sketches for Bachmetyev (Bachmetyev, while fulfilling orders for the Court, had connections at the Imperial Porcelain Factory). The Nikolsko-Bachmetyevsky Crystal Factory (Nikolo-Bachmetyevsky or Bachmetyevsky Crystal Factory) was founded in 1764 with the highestBy the permission of Empress Catherine II, retired military officer Alexey Ivanovich Bakhmetev was granted his own estate in the village of Nikola-Pyotravsk, Penza Province. From its establishment until 1884, the factory was managed by three generations of the Bakhmetev family, and was named Bakhmetevsky in their honor. The Bakhmetevs were connected by blood ties to some of the noblest families in Russia: the Trubetskoy, Gorchakov, Volkonsky, Obolensky, and Tolstoy families. The factory became the first private enterprise in its industry in Russia and one of the leading crystal and glass manufacturers.

Starting from 1795, the factory fulfilled orders for the highest nobility and the Church. Each of these orders was executed in a unique manner. The products, including colored glass and crystal, were adorned with paintings, enamel, colors, gold and silver, matte engravings, and diamond-cutting. Ancient techniques were used, such as filigree (Venetian thread), imitation of embossed gold, and precious stones.

As early as 1789, N.A. Bakhmetev, the son of the founder of the factory, established a museum of glass and crystal in order to learn from the experience of the world's best glass and crystal producers. He began to collect the finest samples of his own factory's production, as well as the best pieces of European glass art, which were often used as models by the factory's craftsmen.

"In 1829, at the first all-Russian exhibition of manufactured goods, the factory was awarded the Great Gold Medal for the exhibited items. From 1836 to 1861, the family enterprise reached its highest prosperity. The highest award, the right to place the State coat of arms on its products, was granted to the factory in 1836, and this award was subsequently confirmed at exhibitions in Moscow in 1839, 1861, and 1865, as well as in Nizhny Novgorod in 1896. In 1884, the factory passed by inheritance to a relative of the Bakhmetevs, Prince Alexander Dmitrievich Obolensky. In 1900, at the Paris World Exhibition, the products of the Nikola-Bakhmetevsky factory of Prince A.D. Obolensky were awarded the Great Gold Medal, and the craftsmen received personalized brooches.""New medals."

102
09 Jul 2024

995 000,00

Login

CountryRussian Empire until 1917

By the manufacturer Author's work

Lot location Moscow ( 77 )

Check the delivery methods with the seller when making a purchase

Please check the payment methods with the seller when making a purchase


to share