"The statue 'Horse'. Polonsky Art Ceramics Factory."

Polonsky Porcelain Factory


"The statue 'Horse'. Polonsky Art Ceramics Factory.""The statue 'Horse'. Polonsky Art Ceramics Factory.""The statue 'Horse'. Polonsky Art Ceramics Factory.""The statue 'Horse'. Polonsky Art Ceramics Factory.""The statue 'Horse'. Polonsky Art Ceramics Factory.""The statue 'Horse'. Polonsky Art Ceramics Factory.""The statue 'Horse'. Polonsky Art Ceramics Factory."
"The statue 'Horse'. Polonsky Art Ceramics Factory."

Porcelain figurine Horse. Polonsky Art Ceramics Factory. USSR.

Height: 21.9 cm.

Length: 24.0 cm.

The first mention of the city of Polonne dates back to 996 AD. It was among the oldest settlements in Volhynia. The name of the city can be found in the so-called Ipatiev Chronicle from 1171 AD. It was attributed to the Kyiv Diocesan Church and was called Polonny Grad of the Diocesan Virgin Mary.

After that, the name of the city is repeatedly mentioned in numerous historical documents in various variations: Polonne, Polonne, Polny. In 1898, as the Brockhaus and Efron Encyclopedic Dictionary says, Polonne had over 10,000 inhabitants. The city had 9 Orthodox churches, a Catholic church, and two synagogues, two schools, faience and porcelain factories, two large mills, several shops, markets, and fairs. As we can see, the existence of a faience and porcelain factory in the city is already mentioned in documents from the end of the last century. This refers to the former faience factory of capitalist Zusman, founded in the area near Polonne station where the current enterprise is located. As for the porcelain factory, it refers to a small artisanal enterprise producing porcelain items, which existed in the village of Goroshki (now part of the city). The enterprise was located on an area of ​​1.50 hectares, and its entire territory was fenced with a high fence.

This enterprise can rightfully be considered the predecessor of the Polonsky Art Ceramics Factory, which is now located in another part of the city. It should be noted that the names of the factories - faience and porcelain - mentioned in the encyclopedic dictionary are very conditional. In different periods, these two small enterprises were called differently. The porcelain factory was often called ceramic, doll, while the faience factory, on the other hand, was called porcelain, and then, in 1923, when it resumed operation after the Civil War, it was renamed the Porcelain and Porcelain Factory named after Profintern.

On October 1, 1956, the enterprise was transferred to the state system, and from that moment on, the Ceramics Artel was renamed the Polonsky Art Ceramics Factory.

52
15 May 2024
sales

Lot location Moscow ( 77 )

Check the delivery methods with the seller when making a purchase

Please check the payment methods with the seller when making a purchase


to share

Polonsky Porcelain Factory Additional lots

Similar lots